Technology has been really advanced that from large computers, we can now hold unlimited information in one hand. Everything can be easily accessed since mobile devices were created. Everything created has its own limits. Maybe you want to start streaming on Twitch, but you think this is the end of the line because you don’t own a computer. Everything you need is here to help you figure this out if you just started streaming on Twitch.
You may have good ideas for quality content and you want to stream on Twitch, but can’t afford to buy a high-end computer or webcam. This article got you covered, so you don’t need to worry.
Most online games are built for computer, but this is not always the case. Some games are created for a mobile device interface like Fortnite, EvE Online, Call of Duty Mobile, and PUBG. You might prefer these online mobile games to be played on your mobile devices though available on computer.
Things to Consider in Streaming Mobile Games on Twitch
Computer are not easily available anywhere, unlike your device where you can carry in your pocket. Problem arise when you select Twitch as your platform, because it is mostly accessible through computer.
Broadcasting mobile games using your mobile device might sound easy like screen recording. But, there are lots of factors to consider before you start streaming mobile games. We created a list for things you need to prepare to have the best mobile game experience.
This is a no-brainer. Sign up using the Twitch app. You will be using this Twitch account in order to start streaming using your mobile phone.
Twitch users have been requesting for mobile games streaming feature on Twitch. Yet, Twitch hasn’t created this update to use phone screens in streaming using the app. Because if it does, you wouldn’t be reading this article.
Fast Internet Connection
Need we say more? Playing your favorite mobile video game requires fast internet connection. How much more when you want to simultaneously play and stream to Twitch your gameplay.
Streaming mobile games require more up to date mobile phone that can accommodate streaming applications. If you want to stream here are the things you need to consider with respect to your mobile phone:
Streaming video game uses great amount of battery. Make sure to have a good battery capacity. Surely, you don’t want your mobile phone’s battery interrupt your streaming. We know you’ve experienced while in the middle of playing your favorite mobile game, your phone shuts down. Irritating, right? Now you might want to consider using mobile phone that has at least 4,000 mAh- 5,000 mAh battery capacity. With all the audio, display, and internet service running your battery will most likely ran out than normal usage.
You might consider to just plug-in your charger the whole duration of your streaming like a computer. That is another option, but do you want cable wires to interrupt your video game? Of course not.
In choosing the right Operating System, Android phone and iOS has its own pros and cons.
iOS offers smoother gameplay experience with less operating system bugs. On the other hand, Android is more flexible in terms of installing gaming apps. iOS only allows games available on App Store while Android permits usage of other sources of gaming applications.
Either Way, Android and iOS both offers outstanding benefits for your gameplay experience. Most games in Google Play Store or iOS App Store are free. Whatever OS you choose, it will most likely accommodate your gameplay and Twitch streaming needs.
While any Operating System is beneficial in your gameplay, processor is more demanding. Clock speed determines how fast your device can work. The ideal clock speed of 1.84 Ghz and an Octa core chipset for the most convenient if you want to stream. This information is found on your settings.
An ideal RAM storage for daily phone tasks only requires 2GB RAM. But, we are preparing for heavy memory consuming games and apps. So, you need at least 4GB RAM to run multiple software at the same time. You can find RAM info on your device’s settings.
Phone Screen Size
Actually, this is based on your preference. If you can work with smaller screens, that’s fine. But if you want more space for gaming then opt for bigger screen. The bigger the size of your phone’s screen means greater battery consumption. So, you might want to give a thought on trade-off between device screen and battery consumption.
SD Card Storage
Android users has more advantage in terms of SD card storage. Mobile device with Android OS has the capacity to expand their storage to store more files and download software. Streaming and gaming applications takes a lot of memory. So, you might want to have at least 64GB-265GB SD card storage. Look in your settings on how big your SD card storage can expand.
Applications or Software to Install for Streaming Mobile Games on Twitch
The easiest mode to stream video games on Twitch using iPhone or Android device is to install an app. Most commonly used free apps in streaming mobile video games for Twitch are Streamlabs OBS and Mobcrush software. These applications let you stream directly from your Android or iPhone device to Twitch.
Twitch Streaming using Streamlabs OBS
Follow these steps to stream mobile game with your iPhone or Android device using Streamlabs OBS streaming software that capture your game on Twitch.
Steps in using Streamlabs OBS:
- Install Streamlabs OBS app on your mobile device.
- Log in your Twitch user. As you open Streamlabs OBS app after installation, it will prompt a log in interface where you can use your YouTube, Facebook, or Twitch account to sign in.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Authorize’. Upon successful log-in of your Twitch account, Streamlabs OBS will ask you necessary permissions to continue using the app.
- Choose a camera and screen. After you authorized Streamlabs OBS and agreed to their Privacy and Terms, it will turn into landscape mode. It will ask you to choose a camera and screen to use. Make sure to check both options to allow webcam during stream. You can change these options later if your preferences change. Next is to tick the ‘Alert Box’ which is essential, you can add more other widgets if you get accustomed later on with Streamlabs OBS app.
- Start your stream. Once you arrive at the main window of the app, hit on the Stream icon on the upper right corner of the screen. After that, a prompt will trigger to notify you that it will capture everything on the screen, then tap ‘Start Now’.
- Set your stream layout. Hit on the menu icon (three lines on the top left corner of your screen). Tap the ‘Editor’, it is the first option on the top left of your screen. Then, choose the elements you want to capture in your video screen. You can edit windows widgets and put it on left or right corner.
- Launch the game. Once you’re done with the layout, tap OK and open the game you want to play and stream. Finally, you’re now broadcasting your game windows in the platform. You cansave your stream and upload it on Youtube.
Game Streaming on Twitch using Mobcrush App
Mobcrush app is a streaming software that supports both iPhone iOS and Android operating systems. Follow these steps to use Mobcrush as your streaming app for your mobile game on Twitch.
Steps in using Mobcrush App:
- Install the Mobcrush app.
- Log in. Sign in your Facebook, Google, or Mobcrush user. You need to access directly Mobcrush website in creating a user. The app only lets you Sign in your user. Signing up is only accessible through their website. It is ideal to create a user with Mobcrush since it this allows you to switch streams on Twitch.
- Start a new stream. Locate and tap the platform hamburger menu icon on the upper left corner of the window. Select “Broadcast’ option. It will prompt a new window asking you which platform you want to share your live stream. Tap on the Twitch option.
- Select a game. Mobcrush app offers a lot of available games, search your favorite mobile game you want to proceed.
- Customize Broadcast. Input the title of the live stream on the “Broadcast Title” bar and make sure to enable chat messages. Then, click the ‘Save Broadcast Settings’ option in the windows to finish this process.
- Launch your game. When your game windows open, swipe up to open control center. Then, click screen recording on the control center and choose Mobilecrush option. Click ‘Start Broadcast’ button to start your live stream. Your live stream will start in 3 seconds, this gives you window time to swipe down control center and go back to your game window. You can now stream gameplay and interact with your audience.You can save your gameplay and upload it on Youtube or Facebook for more audience.
Other Method to stream mobile games on Twitch
Like Streamlabs OBS and Mobcrush, Xbox One is another free method to capture and broadcast quality video games and stream for your audience. Here are the simple steps to follow stream on Twitch.
- Install Twitch from your store center
- Launch Twitch windows
- Go to this link twitch.tv/activate and enter the 6-digit code that appears on your screen to link on Twitch
- Make sure that Everybody is allowed to view your stream.
- On the Menu, go to Settings > Account > Privacy and Online Safety > Xbox Live Privacy > View Details and Customize > Game Content > You can share content made using Kinect or another camera, then select Allow.
- Check your webcam and microphone menu if enabled so your audience can see your streams and hear your audio.
- Set a title for you broadcast and click ‘Start Broadcast’ to go live.
You are all set!
Thank you for making this far! We hope you found an answer on how to stream mobile games on Twitch. We are always willing to help you start your gaming career. Do not let lack of computer and webcam stop you from your streaming dreams. Let us know your experience.