Squad streaming on Twitch is an opportunity for you to grow your connections and gaming skills. Using the Squad Stream feature on Twitch, up to four streamers can go live in one window. Through this, you can engage more with the Twitch’s community and enjoy your game with other streamers.
Viewers can now view different angles of the game with the squad stream. They will be able to see all four gamer’s screens in one window.
If you’re just starting with squad streaming, we have all you need to know.
How to Host a Squad Stream on Twitch
Today, only Twitch partners can access Squad Stream, but affiliates can group together and ask their viewers to watch their stream from a third-party software that allows them to watch all the streamers in one window at the same time.
Here is how to host a Squad Stream on Twitch if all your squad members are streamers on Twitch:
- Click your icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and navigate to “Creator Dashboard”.
- Click “Stream Manager” from the dashboard.
- Add “Squad Streaming” from your “Quick Actions”.
- Find and click “Squad Stream” in the menu.
- Go live and click on any available “Add a channel” options. After that, input the name of the channel you want to invite in your Squad Stream.
- Invite other streamers on your squad. You’ll be able to invite up to three channels.
- You will be able to launch the squad stream as soon as they join.
You will be the squad leader because you hosted the squad stream. As the squad leader, you have the option to kick members as you see fit. However, If you end your stream before other members, the first partner who joined your squad will be the next squad leader.
How to Accept Squad Stream Invite on Twitch
If you are not the host of the Squad Stream, other streamers may invite you to be in their squad. Here are the simple steps to follow in accepting a Squad Stream invite on Twitch.
- Navigate on your icon on the upper-right corner of the screen and click “Creator Dashboard”.
- Click “Stream Manager” where you will add “Squad Streaming” in your “Quick Actions List”
- The default is the panel for “My Squad”, to accept invites toggle to “Invites” beside “My Squad”.
- Accept the invite and you just joined your squad.
If the squad leader leaves and you are the first streamer to join the squad, you will be the next squad leader of the stream where you can kick members if they become AFK or any reason that you see fit.
Monetization on Squad Stream
Viewers on twitch have the option to choose which of the four in the squad will appear on their main viewing window. The Bits that they will donate will go to the streamer who is on their main window. They can also subscribe to the streamer that appears on their main window depending on their choice.
In terms of monetization with ads, revenue will be given to those streamers that appear on the viewer’s main viewing window.
How to Watch Squad Streams on Twitch
If you’ve seen on your favorite streamer’s channel that they will host a Squad Stream or you’ve been wanting to watch squad streams. Here is your guide on how to watch squad streams on Twitch:
- Log in your Twitch account.
- Search for your favorite streamer and go to their channel
- Click the “Watch in Squad Mode” button available below their “Follow and “Subscribe” buttons.
- The icon of the channel where you got the watch squad stream option will be on top of the other streamers on the squad stream.
- To switch your main viewing window, click on the streamer’s icon on the top-left side of the screen.
Alternative of Squad Stream for Affiliates
Squad Stream is currently only available to Twitch Partners. Twitch affiliates need to look for other third-party software that allows them to stream with each other. One of the most used alternatives for affiliate streamers that have a squad is the MultiTwitch.
Frequently Asked Questions about Stream Sqauds:
Can viewers follow and subscribe all streamers at once?
Viewers need to toggle between streamers to follow and subscribe to them one by one. They can’t follow and subscribe to them all at once.
Same goes when they donate Bits, they need to toggle between streamers. The streamer who is on the viewer’s main viewing window will receive the Bits they will donate.
How do streamers communicate with each other while squad streaming?
Communicating directly on Squad Stream is a feature not yet available on Twitch. Most streamers on Squad Stream use Discord or other third-party platforms to communicate with each other while streaming on Twitch.
Is the squad stream available on mobile phones?
Twitch viewers can watch Squad Stream on their mobile phones. They can see three streamers at the same time. If there are four streamers on the Squad Stream, viewers can choose three out of four streamers that will appear on their viewing screen. This is to ensure that viewers on mobile can still experience optimal and consistent service.
How to change permissions on who can invite me on a Stream Squad?
The default permission on your account is that all your friends, teammates, or a channel you follow will be able to invite you in a squad. To change this, go to your Channel Preferences and manage your permissions settings for Squad Streams.
How does past broadcast of squad streams work?
Previous broadcasts of a squad stream will not display multiple streams. It will only feature the content from that individual channel.
What happens when a squad member leaves before the end of the stream?
The viewers will still remain in quad mode even if a member leaves. If the squad leader leaves, the position of squad leader will be passed on to the streamer who first joined the squad.
You may just want to share your game with your streamer friends or enlarge the scope of your viewership using other streamer’s influence. Whatever your reason is, the steps above will completely equip you on starting your Squad Stream. Even if you are a Twitch partner or affiliate, we have provided alternatives to Twitch where you can still share your squad streaming with the Twitch community.